chicken a l'orange
featuring faerie's orange zest
| prepare the orange sauce |
1 tbsp faerie's orange zest |
3/4 cup orange juice
1 tbsp cornstarch
3 tbsp soy sauce
1/3 cup corn syrup
1 tsp freshly grated ginger or 1/4 tsp ground ginger
Combine orange zest, orange juice, cornstarch, soy sauce,
corn syrup and ginger — mix well and set aside.
| then the chicken |
4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless |
2 tbsp oil
2 carrots, sliced
2 ribs celery, sliced
1 tbsp oil
½ cup cashews
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Put 2 tbsp oil into a wok (or skillet) and heat for 2 minutes.
- Add carrots and celery and stir fry for 3 minutes, then remove.
- Put 1 tbsp oil into wok and heat for 2 minutes, then stir fry chicken until browned.
- Add juice mixture, vegetables and nuts. Stir till thickened.
- Serve over cooked rice.